Here is the output the command on SLE12
# zypper --xml what-provides python-ldap
<message type="info">Command 'what-provides' is replaced by 'search --provides --match-exact'.</message>
<message type="info">See 'help search' for all available options.</message>
<message type="info">Loading repository data...</message>
<message type="info">Reading installed packages...</message>
<solvable status="not-installed" name="python-ldap" summary="Python LDAP interface" kind="package"/>
Looking at code its seems that <SLE12 reports a plain text table which is parsed instead of <search-result> tag as above.
- r30011: Support for the new XML format
- r30012: Update autotests with the new XML format
- r30013: Don't try to symlink /opt/thinlinc/libexec/openssl when starting tests (we haven't shipped openssl in forever)
- r30014: match all packages, not just not-installed ones
- r30019: take special care with "application" packages
- r30020: corner case: after calling resolve() we can be left with an empty transaction - make sure to differentiate between an empty list (no-op) and None (hasn't been run yet)
- r30021: misc updates to the main() function
That should be all.
tl-setup works well on SLES 12 where the new XML format is used.
tl-setup works well on SLED 11 with sp3 where the plain text table is used.