Bug 8290 - WebAccess rendering buggy on Raspberry Pi
Summary: WebAccess rendering buggy on Raspberry Pi
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: ThinLinc
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Web Access (show other bugs)
Version: trunk
Hardware: PC Unknown
: P2 Normal
Target Milestone: LowPrio
Assignee: Bugzilla mail exporter
Depends on:
Reported: 2024-01-16 08:46 CET by Adam Halim
Modified: 2024-01-16 13:10 CET (History)
0 users

See Also:
Acceptance Criteria:

glxgears rendering artefact (27.03 KB, image/png)
2024-01-16 08:46 CET, Adam Halim

Description Adam Halim cendio 2024-01-16 08:46:26 CET
Created attachment 1176 [details]
glxgears rendering artefact

When using WebAccess on a Raspberry Pi 2 (Raspbian/Debian 11) with Chromium 120, I noticed that the rendering was a bit buggy at times. Dragging windows would sometimes leave artefacts, and glxgears would periodically render incorrectly (see attachment). This happens in both 4.16.0rc1 and in 4.15.0.

Note that the performance in Chromium was extremely slow in general. I tested using firefox-esr 115.6, which had considerably better performance, and did not encounter any issues.

I don't think this has anything to do with the platform (armhf/raspbian/chromium), my guess that it is performance related.

The visual artificats that occur suggests that correct framebuffer updates get drawn in the wrong position.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.