Steps to reproduce the issue:
Use GNOME and x11 and Firefox/Chrome
On the following test site:
1. Do a quick two finger tap on the 'Test button'
2. Observe that you will get the following sequence for the touches: Touchstart - touchend - touchstart - touchend
The events appears to be sent in the wrong order. The expected behaviour would be that we get touchstart for both touchpoints first, followed by two touchend.
If you do a slower two finger tap, where you wait a little before lifting both fingers, we get the expected behaviour.
This causes issues for gesture detection in Webaccess for twotap and threetap gestures. As of now we can't really do anything about this issue, wait for response from upstream.
This issue is now reported for:
- GNOME: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/issues/846
- Mozilla: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1645356
- Google: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1094254
We've worked around this in the native client, but we can't do the same in web access.