The internal headers used in Xorg aren't really compatible with C++ as they use C++ keywords like "public" and just generally manage to hit the corner cases where C++ and C are incompatible. We have several hacks in place to work around this, but with bug 5383 yet another one of these problems has surfaced.
This is not really a viable long term strategy so we need to stop including these headers from C++ code. This will require some new C code that bridges the Xorg internals with the RFB C++ code.
Fixed upstream and dropped in our tree in r29849.
Seems to work well. Setting as resolved.
Not all hours are reported on this bug as it started as community work.
I tested corner cases for the xserver for this bug. I tested applications using gtk, qt, java and motif through thinlinc. I also tested the clipboard, resizing the session and using a custom cursor. I did not encounter any issues.
Tested with build 4719 on Fedora 20 (qt, gtk) and Solaris 10 (java, motif).