Nexus 7, Android 4.4.4, Firefox 38
Steps to reproduce:
1. Log in using the HTML5 client using portrait mode
2. After the session is done loading in, rotate the device to landscape
* The session should be resized to fit the screen.
* The session becomes roughly 200 px to high after the resize. Firefox seems to have added some sort of built-in "panning" option for when the canvas(just a guess) is larger than the screen, you are actually able to pan (using two fingers) to see the parts of the session which doesn't fit on screen.
I have tested and am not able to reproduce the issue on Chrome on Android, nor on Firefox or Chrome on Linux. My guess is that this issue is caused by an update in Firefox on Android.
(In reply to comment #0)
> Nexus 7, Android 4.4.4, Firefox 38
Correction: Firefox 33
This bug was not present on Firefox 32. See:
As described here:
Firefox on Android have inconsistent behavior when it comes to how they handle the address bar in the browser. The problem lies in when they account for the height of the address bar or not when calculating the height of the browser window.
One way for ThinLinc HTML5-client users to work around this is to disable the "Full-screen browsing" option. Enabling his option hides the title/address bar when scrolling down a page. Disabling this will result in correct calculations of the height.
Fixed by r30125 which was done on bug 5352.
I'm still seeing this issue on Firefox 37.0.2.
I must have made a mistake when verifying this functionality.. both times. I have tested Firefox 32, 35, 36, 37 and 38 beta now and the issue still exists with both the old version of the code and the new.
When rotating to landscape there doesn't seem to be any way to get the correct height of the viewport. I have noted more details on this bug in firefox's bugzilla:
There is nothing we can do to fix this behavior reliably so this bug will turn into a tracking bug. Let's hope mozilla gets this fixed.
In the meanwhile to work around this, users can:
* Disable Full-screen browsing in Display settings in Firefox, or
* Toggle the on-screen keyboard on and off to get the correct resolution
I have verified that this is now fixed in nightly Firefox on Android (43.0a1). Let's hope this correct behavior makes it into a stable version soon!
Still present with:
"Mozilla/5.0 (Android 5.1.1; Tablet; rv:41.0.2) Gecko/41.0.2 Firefox/41.0.2"
Stable Firefox is on version 44 now on Android. I seems like mozilla have indeed fixed this issue.
I have verified on ThinLinc 4.5.0 (eudemo) and the nightly server build (my workstation) using Android 5.1.1 on Samsung S6 and Nexus 4.
I'll handle this bug as trivial and put on 4.6.0 right away, tester could verify using the Nexus 7 tablet or any other different Android device.
Note to Samuel: RESOLVED FIXED is a good state for bugs that are ready for testing.
Can't find any problems with session size after rotating the device.
Tested with Nexus 7, Firefox 44 (stable), and a ThinLinc 4.5.0 server (eudemo).