Move from comment #1 of bug 1546. The session created with Near Current Screensize is adapted so that the window should exactly fit if maximized. But to avoid confusion, I think the vncviewer window should be automatically maximized.
Windows part fixed in r25358.
Looked at implementing this for X11. It is not possible to set the initial window state because FLTK does not allow you to realize the X11 window before it is shown. See:
However, although not as beatiful, you can change the maximized state after the window is shown. There are two solutions here:
1) tlclient could wait for the vncviewer window to appear, then do the change.
2) tlclient could pass info about this via a -maximize command line argument. Then, vncviewer could maximize itself after window.show().
The preferred solution here is probably 2), since it's slightly better, allows for future change to set the state before the window is mapped, plus allows non-TL users to use this feature.
Fixed in 25555 (tlclient) and r25552 (new TigerVNC vendor drop).
Needs to be tested on all three platforms (X11, Windows, OS X). On X11, it is only expected to work with EWMH WMs.
Works like a charm with client build 3668.
- Tested on win7 and while having maximized size and changing the taskbar
size the window is automatic resized and so is the session.
- Tested on MacOsX, Initial window is perfect, if chaning the dock size
the windows is not updated as in Win7 but if one press the window
maximized button the window is size is correctly updated to fit work area.
- Tested on gnome and it does work as expected.