Currently, the license files (at least those that I get via mail) are encoded
using ISO-8859-1. We should use UTF-8 instead. See also bug 2060 and bug 2067,
but I think this bug can be implemented independently.
*** Bug 2506 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Re-assigning forsberg web/license bugs to Ossman.
The license files have been made UTF-8 somewhere along the road. However when looking into bug 7645 we found that we don't explicitly say so in the content-type header. Openssl only adds this to the text message:
> Content-Type: text/plain
Roundup is configured to use UTF-8 and the mail is sent as UTF-8 so everything works as it should. We should still make sure that this information is in the license file since leaving it out should mean only ASCII characters which is not always the case.
This cannot be fixed now unfortunately as ThinLinc before 4.13.0 assumes a specific Content-Type header. If we fix it, then the verification of signatures on those old versions break.
So we need to wait it out until we no longer supply licenses to anything older than 4.13.0.
(we can probably remove the workaround for bug 5353 at the same time)