The current polypaudio requires a whole bunch of shared objects to function. It
should be possible to link all of this into one, static blob.
This now works. As part of the work I also added the option of selecting which
modules get "preloaded" (i.e. statically linked).
As usual, I found a bug in libtool whilst doing this. Current versions require
the .la files at runtime for preloading to work. A one-line fix to libtool
removed this limitation. Patch sent on to libtool mailing list. Keeping the bug
opened until the patch is accepted.
The initial patch wasn't accepted. A new one has been sent for review.
We've stopped using the preload functionality, so we don't care about libtool bugs anymore.